Wake up to your weekend with Daybreak Alberta, as Russell Bowers interviews artists and provocateurs from across the province and abroad. It's the people, music and events that make up life in Wildrose Country.
The new leader of the federal NDP, Jagmeet Singh, spent Saturday in Alberta, making stops in both Edmonton and Calgary, holding a series of "Jagmeet and Greets" with supporters.
They thought we'd be further along: Canada 150 Women author says despite progress, gender parity still elusive
The author of a book highlighting women's contributions to the fabric of Canada, says many of her interview subjects lament the lack of progress made on the road to gender equality.
Canmore's Stephen Bown is back with a new book telling the incredible story of Peter the Great and his Northern Expedition, led by famed Danish Mariner Vitus Bering.
'Best. Time. Ever.': Actor Patrick Brown returns to Calgary for Rocky Horror Picture Show fundraiser
The last time actor Patrick Brown lived in Calgary was 1998-ish, but he’s returned from his home near Niagara, Ont., returning to one of his favourite productions.
Channels & Frequencies
Calgary: Radio One: 99.1 FM & 1010 AM
Radio Two: 102.1 FM
Find your local CBC Channels & Frequencies »
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- How to avoid spending money on unnecessary oil changes
- Investigating U.K. Deaths Linked To Russia / 'Overlooked' Obits / 'Missing & Murdered' (The Investigators with Diana Swain)
- Investigating Suspicious U.K. Deaths Linked To Russia (The Investigators with Diana Swain)
- Costco under investigation by Ontario forensic team over drug company payments
- Carbon pricing seems obvious to economists, but for many voters it just doesn't click: Don Pittis
- Win or lose, too-close-to-call Pennsylvania race already means 'the House is in danger' for Republicans
- Trade disruption would likely spell the end of North American jobs surge: Don Pittis
- Did Trudeau's botched India trip lose the Liberals their polling lead?
- Optimism returns to NAFTA talks as U.S. reportedly makes key concession on autos
- New safety standards aim to rid roads of 'phantom vehicles'
- Canada's privacy watchdog launches investigation into Facebook after allegations of data leak
- B.C. judge strikes down mandatory minimum sentence for sexual interference
- Delirium 'a dreaded scourge' underdiagnosed in hospitals
- Senior in hospital for 39 days charged for bedside phone for nearly 3 years
- Softball coach calls out league policy on transgender players, sparks national response
- Vancouver Island students create program for children affected by opioid epidemic
- 'This level of honour just blows my mind:' Run-DMC, Gloria Estefan songs join U.S. recording registry
- Virtue, Moir tell Ellen DeGeneres they're 'definitely' not a couple
- Ontario Teachers Pension Plan takes $400M stake in Assassin's Creed producer Ubisoft
- The Crown producers apologize after Claire Foy, Matt Smith pay disparity uproar
- Piecemeal approach to change perpetuates inequality for First Nations children
- Creator of Sixties Scoop adoption program says it wasn't meant to place kids with white families
- Niece drives 18 hours on winter road to share her aunt's story at MMIWG national inquiry
- Fond-du-Lac, Sask., needs support as 'suicide crisis' grips community, says NDP