Wake up to your weekend with Daybreak Alberta, as Russell Bowers interviews artists and provocateurs from across the province and abroad. It's the people, music and events that make up life in Wildrose Country.
As much as their owners would like them to, pets don't live forever — at some point, many people need to have a difficult conversation with their veterinarian about euthanasia.
Whether it’s uniting the right, taxing carbon emissions or raising the minimum wage, these values stem from political opinions and a new Calgary book club wants to explore the deeper motivation behind those values.
For Melanee Murray-Hunt, screening her short movie is about much more than a single event — she hopes by stirring up empathy, those who’ve watched the film will change their perspective on race.
While Richard Kemick was growing up, his mom worked full time yet she always seemed to have time for her kids. Years later, he realized he didn’t know much about his mother before kids — what she actually did at work or even who she really was.video audio
Channels & Frequencies
Calgary: Radio One: 99.1 FM & 1010 AM
Radio Two: 102.1 FM
Find your local CBC Channels & Frequencies »
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Magnitsky human rights law, protections for journalists' sources get royal assent
- 'I should see your face, and you should see mine,' Quebec premier says of new religious neutrality law
- 'Part of me feels I should have died with my cats': Siksika residents lose homes, animals in fire
- Volunteer Alberta crew member killed during Sask. firefighting efforts
- Did the UN ignore warnings of ethnic cleansing of Rohingya in Myanmar?
- Wire-bristle BBQ brush incident reports more than double
- Muskoka mystery: Family linked to disappearance of seniors fights release of police documents
- RCMP says free trial scams are fraudulent, but credit card companies make victims pay
- 800-pound gorilla thwarted by Bombardier's savvy move: Don Pittis
- Liberals turn to pasta to move past 3 months of fuss and fury over tax fairness
- A modest proposal for the U.K. as it eyes NAFTA — join Canada instead: Don Pittis
- Trump's shoot-from-the-hip politics could make for bad economics: Don Pittis
- Gord Downie used voice to 'shed a light' on brain cancer, importance of reconciliation
- Quadriplegic nearly missed MRI because no staff were trained to assist him
- Kids not getting enough exercise, spend too much time with screens, StatsCan reports
- Woman alleged to have unlawfully injected botox for years under investigation
- That time Gord Downie sang Knockin' on Heaven's Door with a high school band in Fort Albany
- Gilbert Rozon steps down after misconduct allegations surface on social media
- Quebec media star Eric Salvail suspended following sexual misconduct allegations
- 'We are less as a country': Politicians pay tribute to Gord Downie
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation
- When darkness descends, Nunavut teens dance it out
- Remix Canada's latest census results to see how you fit in