Shane Keating will be on council for four more years after winning the election in his ward Monday.
Keating won here in 2010 and has been outspoken in his push for better transit in the sprawling southeast ward. Stephanie Kusie was the only challenger to step forward against him.
Traffic has been a hot topic in the past, but Stoney Trail should finally open this fall after years of construction headaches.
Join the conversation about Ward 12. Post your comments below or use #yycvote and #ward12 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 86,390
- Per cent population: 7.5%
- Total dwellings: 32,827
- Percentage of home ownership: 87.57%
- Vacancy rate: 1.83%
- Largest age group: 25-34
- Bicycle: 55 Transit: 2,302 Drove alone: 19,087
- Current alderman: Shane Keating
- Communities: Auburn Bay, Copperfield, Cranston, Douglasdale/Glen, Mahogany, Mckenzie Lake, Mckenzie Towne, New Brighton, Seton, Shepard Industrial*
*Shepard Industrial als part of Ward 9
WINNER: Shane Keating
Represented the residents of Ward 12 since 2010.
Career diplomat who most recently served in Dallas, Texas.
Public School Board
- Malik Amery
- Greg Humphreys
- Helen Mowat
- Todd Neuman
- Christina Brewerton Steed
- WINNER: Amber Stewart
Catholic School Board
Cathie Williams - Acclaimed, no vote held Oct. 21.