Sean Chu bumped Gael MacLeod from her council seat in Ward 4.
MacLeod came out the winner here in a scramble of 11 candidates seeking an open chair in the last election. In that field, MacLeod took just 25 per cent of the votes cast and still went to city hall. Chu finished second.
Join the conversation about Ward 4. Post your comments below or use #yycvote and #ward4 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 85,683
- Per cent population: 7.5%
- Total dwellings: 33,009
- Percentage of home ownership: 71.91%
- Vacancy rate: 2.14%
- Largest age group: 45-54
- Bicycle: 138 Transit: 4,394 Drove alone: 18,013
- Current alderman: Gael MacLeod
- Communities: Beddington Heights, Country Hills, Edgemont, Greenview, Greenview Industrial Park*, Hidden Valley, Highland Park, Huntington Hills, Macewan, North Haven, North Haven Upper, Sandstone Valley, Thorncliffe
*GreenView Industrial Park also in Ward 9
Represented the residents of Ward 4 for one term from 2010-2013.
Small business owner and community volunteer.
Running as a candidate in Ward 4.
WINNER: Sean Chu
Calgary police officer for more than 20 years, most recently with the community outreach unit.
Candidate running in Ward 4 in the upcoming election Oct. 21.
Public School Board
- Rick Lundy
- Wilf Phillips
- WINNER: Lynn Ferguson (Incumbent)
Catholic School Board
- WINNER: Margaret Belcourt (Incumbent)
- Emmerson Brando