Ray Jones re-elected in Ward 5
Incumbent faced 2 challengers in this riding
It looks like "Rundle" Ray Jones will be around for four more years after winning back his seat.
At first it looked like Jones had no challengers in Calgary's largest ward, but two candidates turned up on nomination day to take him on in this election.
Jones is another council voice against legalizing secondary suites. Development in the area around the airport and the possibility of the McCall Lake Golf Course closing are key issues in this part of the city.
Join the conversation about Ward 5. Post your comments below or use #yycvote or #ward5 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 94,430
- Per cent population: 8.2%
- Total dwellings: 30,173
- Percentage of home ownership: 66.78%
- Vacancy rate: 2.34%
- Largest age group: 35-44
- Bicycle: 35 Transit: 3,606 Drove alone: 15,397
- Current alderman: Ray Jones
- Communities: Castleridge, Coral Springs, Falconridge, Horizon*, Martindale, Monterey Park, North Airways, Pineridge, Rundle, South Airways, Sunridge, Temple, Vista Heights, Whitehorn
*Horizon also in Ward 3
Public School Board
- Larry Leach
- WINNER: Pamela King (Incumbent)
- Najeeb Butt
Catholic School Board
- Linda Wellman - Acclaimed, no vote held Oct. 21.