Gian-Carlo Carra re-elected in Ward 9
Recent train derailments a hot topic in this inner-city riding
Gian-Carlo Carra beat out five candidates for his spot back on council.
Carra joined council after a minority vote win here in 2010. It's a different kind of ward: funky inner-city Ramsay and Inglewood, industrial areas undergoing redevelopment, east of Deerfoot communities like Dover and a more suburban feeling in Fairview, Acadia and Riverbend.
Add to the mix flood concerns and rail safety issues — you get it all in Ward 9.
Join the conversation about Ward 9. Post your comments below or use #yycvote and #ward9 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 74,760
- Per cent of population: 6.5%
- Total dwellings: 35,916
- Percentage of home ownership: 58.73%
- Vacancy rate: 3.27%
- Largest age group: 25-34
- Bicycle: 328 Transit: 4,272 Drove alone: 17,233
- Current alderman: Gian-Carlo Carra
- Communties: Acadia, Alyth/Bonnybrook, Bridgeland/Riverside*, Burns Industrial, Dover, East Fairview Industrial, Erlton, Fairview, Fairview Industrial, Foothills, Golden Triangle, Greenview Industrial Park*, Inglewood, Manchester, Manchester Industrial, Ogden, Parkhill, Ramsay, Renfrew, Rideau Park, Riverbend, Roxboro, Section 23, Shepard Industrial*, South Foothills, Starfield, Tuxedo Park, Valleyfield, Winston Heights/Mountview
*Bridgeland/Riverside is also part of Ward 7, GreenView Industrial Park is also part of Ward 4, Shepard Industrial is also part of Ward 12
Public School Board
- Steve Chapman
- WINNER: Judy Hehr
- Irina Kuperis
- Steven Urvald
Catholic School Board
- Braid Gaida
- WINNER: Cheryl Lowe