Druh Farrell re-elected in Ward 7
Riding home to more than 700 bicycle riders — the most in Calgary
Druh Farrell has reclaimed her spot on council after another tight race.
Candidate Kevin Taylor lost the 2010 election to the long-serving alderman by less than 1,500 votes.
The desire of numerous candidates to unseat her is part of her formula of success. They split the vote and, while she fails to get a majority, Farrell has received the most ballots with an X beside her name.
Join the conversation about Ward 7. Post your comments below or use #yycvote and #ward7 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 79,470
- Per cent population: 6.9%
- Total dwellings: 40,034
- Percentage of home ownership: 50.39%
- Vacancy rate: 3.96%
- Largest age group: 25-34
- Bicycle: 701 Transit: 5,353 Drove alone: 13,802
- Current alderman: Druh Farrell
- Communities: Banff Trail, Brentwood, Bridgeland/Riverside*, Cambrian Heights, Capitol Hill, Charleswood, Chinatown, Collingwood, Crescent Heights, Dalhousie, Downtown Commercial Core*, Downtown East Village, Eau Claire, Highwood, Hillhurst, Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill, Mount Pleasant, Parkdale, Point Mckay, Queens Park Village, Rosedale, Rosemont, St. Andrews Heights, Sunnyside, West Hillhurst
*Bridgeland/Riverside is also part of Ward 9, Downtown Commercial Core is also part of Ward 8
Public School Board
- WINNER: Trina Hurdman
- Misty Hamel
- George Lane (Incumbent)
Catholic School Board
- WINNER: Margaret Belcourt (Incumbent)
- Emmerson Brando
With files from CBC's Scott Dippel