Brian Pincott re-elected in Ward 11
Areas in the riding hard hit by June's flooding
Brian Pincott has reclaimed his seat in Ward 11.
He was facing some familiar competition for council as Wayne Frisch and James Maxim both ran in 2010.
Elbow Park and Riverdale were two communities in this riding that were hard hit by flooding in June. Another hot topic in the ward is the recently-announced ring road deal in the city's southwest. Neighbours in Tsuu T'ina Nation will vote on that Oct. 24. Whichever way the vote goes will trigger years of road construction affecting the ward.
Join the conversation about Ward 11. Post your comments below or use #yycvote and #ward11 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 80,701
- Per cent population: 7%
- Total dwellings: 36,346
- Percentage of home ownership: 65.02%
- Vacancy rate: 2.39%
- Largest age group: 45-54
- Bicycle: 274 Transit: 4,286 Drove alone: 17,941
- Current alderman: Brian Pincott
- Communities: Altadore, Bayview, Bel-Aire, Braeside, Britannia, Cedarbrae, CFB – Currie, CFB - Lincoln Park PMQ, Chinook Park, Eagle Ridge, Elbow Park*, Elboya, Glenmore Park, Haysboro, Kelvin Grove, Kingsland, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Mayfair, Meadowlark Park, North Glenmore Park, Oakridge, Palliser, Pump Hill, Rutland Park, Southwood, Windsor Park
*Elbow Park is also part of Ward 8
Public School Board
- WINNER: Sheila Taylor (Incumbent)
- Randy Sweet
Catholic School Board
Cathie Williams - Acclaimed, no vote held on Oct. 21.