Fire officials suspect a large overhead door flew off a Calgary garage and landed on a neighbour's roof Wednesday night because a resident was cooking up some home brew.

cgy-moonshine-door

Investigators believe a propane explosion blew a garage door from a Calgary home onto a neighbour's roof. ((CBC))

Investigators said Thursday they believe a propane explosion blew the garage door about 18 metres into the air from a southwest home onto an adjacent roof.

"Initial investigations revealed that the occupant of the home may have been experimenting with a homemade moonshine setup when it exploded," said a news release from the Calgary fire department.

cgy-moonshine-roof

No one was hurt in the explosion. ((CBC))

No one was hurt.

Police and fire officials continue to investigate and put out a reminder that it is unsafe to experiment with flammables or explosives.