Latest Calgary News Headlines
- Red Cross promises more cash for Fort McMurray residents heading home
- 'I think I killed him, I'm hiding in an alley': Murder trial hears of damning texts in Calgary teen's death
- Flair bartenders 'Flip Out for Fort Mac' in Calgary pub
- Fossil fuel decline could be 'faster than expected,' government think-tank warns
Latest Video and Audio
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Calgary
People in 4 Calgary communities already have them, but soon you'll have a green cart to go with your black and blue carts. City council gave final approval today to a monthly charge for its new curbside composting program. The CBC's Scott Dippel reports.
Mount Royal University political scienctist Duane Bratt says the suspension and leader Brian Jean's announcement raise more questions than answers.
Marty Reed, CEO of Evok Innovations, says a blend of hydro, wind and solar energies is replacing non-renewable energy sources, and will continue to do so as energy storage technology improves.
Top News Headlines
- Canada's energy superpower status threatened as world shifts off fossil fuel, federal think-tank warns
- Lukas Strasser-Hird murder trial hears of damning text messages, DNA evidence
- Canadians could soon receive mandatory text alerts in emergencies
- Malware infection of University of Calgary computers partly fixed
- Calgary runner sets Guinness World Records on treadmill
- The Tragically Hip add 4 new shows in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Vancouver
- Naomi Klein says Alberta wildfires linked to climate change in Calgary address
- City council ponders chopping next year's tax hike to 3.2%
- Okotoks RCMP seeks witnesses in serious highway collision