Monday marks the deadline for flood victims still hoping to apply for pre-loaded debit cards.
Albertans displaced by flooding in June for a week or more had until Monday at 4 p.m. to apply for the cards, which are pre-loaded with $1,250 per adult and $500 per child.
More than 100,000 people were impacted by the floods in roughly 30 communities. Almost $70 million has been handed out so far through the program.
To apply for the debit cards, residents must bring required documents to an Alberta Works Centres.
Several people lined up to get the debit cards at a centre in Calgary Monday, but some were denied because they didn't have the right paperwork or misunderstood the rules.
Jenice Clark, a mother of five children whose rented home west of the city flooded in June, was finally able to access the funding.
"I had some issues receiving mine when they were out in Morley because I'm a tenant in the house. I was not on a list, [so] they wouldn't help," she said.
The Alberta government says it is ending the emergency payment program because there are now long-term supports in place to help with the rebuilding process.
Albertans impacted June's floods have until Nov. 30 to apply for funding from the province’s disaster recovery program (DRP).
The province says those who have already applied for DRP funding, but have not yet received a cheque, should call 310-4455 to check the status of their application.
The deadline to apply for those eligible for a provincial home buyout, mainly those located in floodways, is also Nov. 30. Only primary residences are eligible.