Calgary police have ruled the electrocution death of a man at a southeast business an accident.

Shawn Herbert Coffey, 42, was working at IKO Industries, a manufacturer of asphalt shingles Wednesday night.

He and another worker were changing a circuit in an electrical panel when one of them touched a live wire. Coffey, a foreman, was pronounced dead at the scene, said Calgary police.

The other man was taken to hospital with cardiac-related problems and minor burns, buthas since been released.

An investigation is being carried out by Occupational Health and Safety.