Farm fatality: Alberta man dies in propane explosion on rural property near Consort
Man had been operating a propane-fired torch
A man has died from injuries he received in a propane tank explosion on an east-central Alberta farm.
Mounties say the man, who lived on the rural property near Consort, had been operating a propane-fired torch.
- MORE ALBERTA NEWS | Popular Red Deer teacher Joe Bower mourned on social media
- MORE ALBERTA NEWS | Calgary police investigate shooting in northeast
A spokesperson for STARS says the air ambulance was called to the scene just before noon on Sunday.
The helicopter was told to "stand down" because it wasn't medically required to transport the patient.