University of Calgary president Elizabeth Cannon has been given a vote of confidence by the university's board of directors.
- U of C head Elizabeth Cannon says $8.1M office upgrade needed
- AUDIO | Elizabeth Cannon responds to allegations of mismanagement
The board has voted unanimously to appoint her for a second four-year term as president and vice chancellor at the school.
In a statement, the board said there was widespread support for Cannon both inside and outside the university community.
Elizabeth Cannon became the eighth president of the University of Calgary when she was appointed to the post in 2010.
The U of C has been the focus of public attention in the past two weeks because of the fatal stabbings of five young people at a party celebrating the end of the university semester in the nearby community Brentwood.
- Calgary stabbing victims to be remembered at U of C
- Students gather at University of Calgary to mourn victims
- Calgary stabbing victims identified as students, bandmates
Three of the victims were University of Calgary students and there will be a celebration of the lives of all five victims at the school next Wednesday.