Latest Calgary News Headlines
- Rejection led to sweet success for farm sisters from High River
- Suncor Energy's hostile bid for Canadian Oil Sands in final arguments
- 'Recent global events' prompt Calgary school board to put student trips abroad on hold
- 'It's certainly saved a lot on wine and cheeses,' says Alberta mother living off land for a year
Latest Video and Audio
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Calgary
Sydney Smith of the Calgary Board of Education says all four major education boards in the province are suspending international travel for students based on 'recent global events'
Young female hockey players are in Calgary from all over the world to compete, train and live hockey culture. It's all part of the Wickenheiser World Female Hockey Festival, now in its sixth year. Over 1500 players are involved, from novice to midget.
A moritorium on the new curling broom-heads is now in place for all regional and provincial playdowns in Canada. Paul Webster is Curling Canada's National Development Coach and has coached our past three Olympic teams. He spoke with Doug Dirks.
Top News Headlines
- 'Thank you for making me feel so old,' Queen tells Trudeau after toast in her honour
- Canada should keep ISIS 'off balance' with airstrikes or special forces, ex-general Rick Hillier says
- First Syrian refugees could arrive 'in next few weeks,' says Canadian ambassador
- Mars rover snaps pictures of giant, dark sand dunes
- Woman injured during pedicure calls for tougher spa rules
- Snowfall warnings issued for much of southern Alberta
- Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette case: What we know
- ATCO Structures lays off 400 Calgary workers
- Remembrance Day poppy pin that won't fall off too commercial: legion HQ
- River surfers invade Alberta's Rocky Mountains
- Medicine Hat girl who murdered family no longer has curfew
- Amanda Lindhout tells of her captivity, torture in Somalia
- Alberta luxury homes get less than half asking price at auction