Danielle Smith unveils Wildrose shadow cabinet
Heather Forsyth, Rob Anderson to lead Alberta’s biggest Opposition in years
Wildrose Leader Danielle Smith made one of her first big decisions as Opposition leader Tuesday by naming her shadow cabinet.
Her 16 elected party members will take over a variety of portfolios.
Smith will be responsible for International, Intergovernmental and Aboriginal Relations, Cities and executive council.
Heather Forsyth will take over the Health portfolio.
Fellow floor-crosser Rob Anderson was also named to the shadow cabinet; he will take over the portfolio of house leader and Finance.
The list of the full Opposition critic roster is below.
- Danielle Smith, Highwood
Leader, International, Intergovernmental and Aboriginal Relations, Cities (Calgary and Edmonton), executive council
- Kerry Towle, Innisfail-Sylvan Lake
Caucus whip, Seniors
- Bruce McAllister, Chestermere-Rocky View
Deputy whip, Education
- Rob Anderson, Airdrie
House leader, Finance and Treasury Board
- Shayne Saskiw, Lac La Biche-St. Paul-Two Hills
Justice, Deputy house leader, solicitor general
- Heather Forsyth, Calgary-Fish Creek
- Jason Hale, Strathmore-Brooks
- Joe Anglin, Rimbey-Rocky Mountain House-Sundre
Environment, Water and Utilities
- Drew Barnes, Cypress-Medicine Hat
Infrastructure and Transportation
- Gary Bikman, Cardston-Taber-Warner
- Ian Donovan, Little Bow
Agriculture and Rural Development
- Rod Fox, Lacombe-Ponoka
- Blake Pedersen
Medicine Hat Arts, Culture and Community Services
- Bruce Rowe, Olds-Didsbury-Three Hills
- Pat Stier, Livingstone-Macleod
Sustainable Resource Development
- Rick Strankman, Drumheller-Stettler
Tourism, Parks and Recreation
- Jeff Wilson, Calgary-Shaw