- Charges against the man have since been withdrawn
Police have charged a 26-year-old Cochrane man with two weapons charges in connection with Sunday night's manhunt.
He faces two counts of carrying a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public peace.
He was first taken into police custody Sunday night after a manhunt sparked by reports of a man carrying a rifle and crossbow around a public park.
Police say the man fled after they ordered him to drop the weapons he was allegedly carrying, launching a manhunt that included helicopters, the canine unit and dozens of officers.
The exact motive behind the incident is not yet clear but police said on Monday he was not co-operating with the investigation and had said little about what happened Sunday night.
He is also currently facing another unrelated charge of possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to public peace from a separate incident, as well as an impaired driving charge from April 2013.
Man vowed revenge in online video
Both the man and his father were taken into custody Sunday night.
Police say the 26-year-old had barricaded himself in his parents' home on Quigley Drive but negotiators were able to get him to surrender peacefully.
It's not clear why his father was brought into custody.
In a video posted online just hours before the incident, the man vowed revenge, saying "I will find him."
The exact motive behind the video is unclear but he does reference a recent altercation.
However, the nature of the altercation is not known.
Incident draws parallel with Moncton shooting
RCMP Corp. John Spaans says the situation was taken very seriously by responders, especially given the recent killings of three RCMP officers in Moncton, N.B.
"It's all that more salient," he said.
"You think of what could possibly have happened."
Justin Bourque, 24, pleaded guilty last week to three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder in connection with the shootings in June.
Bourque was arrested just after midnight on June 6 after a two-day manhunt that involved hundreds of police officers from across the country and forced a lockdown in parts of Moncton.