The deaths of two dogs last week from anti-freeze poisoning appear to have been intentional and targeted, police say.
- Calgary pet owners warned after dogs die from eating poisoned sausages
- Death of 2 dogs from anti-freeze 'devastating,' says Calgary vet
Three dogs became ill last Tuesday after eating sausages soaked in anti-freeze in the backyard of a home in Patterson Heights.
The chemical caused the kidneys of two dogs to shut down. One dog did survive, likely because her owners say she ate fewer of the poisoned sausages.
Now, police are asking for the public's help in the "isolated and targeted incident."
No suspects have been identified but detectives are asking anyone with information about the case to contact them at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
Investigators canvassed the area around where the animals lived in the 100 block of Patterson Rise S.W. and are continuing to collect evidence in the case.
All animal owners in the area are advised to be aware of what their pets are ingesting, both in their own yards and while walking on the street.