Andre Chabot re-elected in Ward 10
Riding had lowest voter turnout in 2010 election
Andre Chabot has reclaimed his seat in Ward 10.
Chabot has owned this ethnically diverse part of town since he won a byelection here in 2005 after the infamous Ward 10 vote scandal of 2004. He faced two challengers this time with Nargis Dossa and Numan Elhussein.
This riding had the lowest voter turnout in 2010, but we'll have to wait for official numbers to see if electors this time had greater interest.
Join the conversation about Ward 10. Post your comments below or use #yycvote or #ward10 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Population: 75,456
- Per cent of population: 6.6%
- Total dwellings: 29,506
- Percentage of home ownership: 58.53%
- Vacancy rate: 3.02%
- Largest age group: 45-54
- Bicycle: 81 Transit: 3,822 Drove alone: 15,506
- Current alderman: Andre Chabot
- Communities: Abbeydale, Albert Park/Radisson Heights, Applewood Park, Erin Woods, Forest Heights, Forest Lawn, Forest Lawn Industrial, Franklin, Marlborough, Marlborough Park, Mayland, Mayland Heights, Penbrooke Meadows, Red Carpet, Southview
Public School Board
- Larry Leach
- Najeeb Butt
- WINNER: Pamela King (Incumbent)
Catholic School Board
- Braid Gaida
- WINNER: Cheryl Lowe