Ammonia leak in Calgary food warehouse
No reports of injuries to employees or responders
Firefighters responded to an ammonia leak Friday night at a southeast Calgary industrial building.
Roughly 70 employees were evacuated from the Lucerne Foods warehouse around 7 p.m. MT after a leak in the building's cooling system caused the release of ammonia.
No injuries were reported and the cooling system was shut down while crews ventilated affected areas.
Maintainence workers told firefighters that the leak was confined to only one room of the building.