A Calgary woman will be reimbursed for a $350 ambulance bill she was sent when she was injured while volunteering with the flood cleanup last month.
Sue Wu and two others suffered chemical burns when a garbage bag leaked while they were helping out in Chinatown.
An ambulance took all three women to the Sheldon Chumir Centre for treatment.
"I was shocked, yeah. But I had to pay it, because it said on the bill, due right away," she said.
CBC News contacted Alberta Health Services (AHS) about Wu's bill.
The province decided last month not to bill any flood volunteers needing an ambulance, said Nicholas Thain, the director of EMS operations for AHS.
"Apologies that this was an oversight. And based on that these bills have already been waived," he said.
Any other volunteers who feel they were incorrectly billed for an ambulance while volunteering with flood cleanup should contact Alberta Health Services, Thain said.