3 cats perish in northwest Calgary kitchen fire
Woman treated by EMS, but no word on her condition
Three cats died and a woman was treated by EMS after a kitchen fire Friday afternoon in Calgary's northwest.
Fire crews responded to the blaze on Benton Drive N.W. around 4:30 p.m. MT.
Upon arrival, crews found heavy smoke coming from the home but the kitchen fire was quickly brought under control.
A second team searched the house and found the woman, who was then transferred to the care of EMS.
There is no word at this time on her condition.
Searchers also located three cats, but none survived.
The Calgary Fire Department is watching for hot spots and the investigation will begin once the scene is considered safe.