Just under the wire, the Calgary Flames hockey club has announced it has reached its seasons tickets goal.. The team's owners had announced that if 14,000 seasons tickets were not sold by June 30, the Flames would be sold. A Calgary company, Pengrowth Management, bought 200 tickets and also signed a deal to attach its name to the Saddledome. The arena will now be known as The Pengrowth Saddledome.
Calgary Flames clear hurdle
CBC News Posted: Jun 29, 2000 6:01 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 29, 2000 6:01 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Remembering Nelson Mandela Dec. 6, 2013 1:57 PM Canadians remember Nelson Mandela with stories of how he inspired their lives, their careers and more.
- Rob Ford upstages Santa Claus at Etobicoke parade
- Atheist billboard ads rejected in Vancouver
- Prairie deep freeze means more wind chill warnings
- RCMP step up video surveillance of Parliament Hill
- Man steals two vehicles, crashes into six cruisers: police
- Harper, Canadian delegation depart for South Africa for Mandela tributes
- Body of missing North Vancouver senior found
- Potentially damaging Jackpine oilsands mine expansion OK'd by Ottawa
- Nelson Mandela tributes to be attended by Harper, former PMs, former GG
- Tim Hortons 'wage theft' claim prompts call for police probe