William Elliot confessed to murders of Tyeshia Jones, Karrie-Ann Stone

The sentencing hearing for a Vancouver Island man convicted in the murders of two women near Duncan continues on Tuesday in B.C. Supreme Court.

Bodies of two women were discovered near Duncan in 2010 and 2011

The bodies of of Karrie-Ann Stone, 42 (left). and Tyeshia Jones, 18, were found in 2010 and 2011. William Gordon Robert Elliot, 25, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 in the deaths. (CBC)

The father of a Vancouver Island man awaiting sentencing over the murders of two women near Duncan expressed shock after watching his son's video confession played in court.

"I'm just in shock and stressed out over the whole thing." Wallace Elliot said afterwards. "I feel terrible for the families that he took. It's hard to accept."

William Gordon Robert Elliot, 25, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder last summer for the deaths of Karrie-Ann Stone, 42, and Tyeshia Jones, 18.   

He confessed to the murders during a 'Mr. Big" sting operation, police told a sentencing hearing in B.C. Supreme Court on Monday.

Stones' charred body was discovered on a hiking trail in wooded area south of Duncan in July 2010. Jones's body was found naked in a wooded area near a cemetery on Cowichan land in January, 2011.

At the sentencing hearing in Duncan, police testified Elliot's confession was made to an undercover officer posing as a gang boss.

In the video from the police sting, Elliot tells the undercover officer he bludgeoned Stone, then set her body on fire because she threatened to tell his wife about the fact he paid for sex with her.

The court heard that six months later, Elliot sexually assaulted Jones and then strangled and beat her to death after accidentally running over her with his truck.

No reaction from Elliot

Elliot looked straight ahead without reaction as the video was played in court.

Later this week, the court may be given some insight into Elliot's mind when psychological reports are presented.

Since his arrest, Elliot has been held in custody while experts complete psychological reports and a Gladue report, which guides judges in the sentencing of aboriginal offenders.

Both reports will help the Supreme Court judge hearing the case to decide how long Elliot will spend in jail before being eligible for parole.

Elliot was arrested in April of 2012. He was originally charged with first-degree murder, but later pleaded guilty to the two second-degree murder charges.

He is facing a life sentence, but could be eligible for parole in 10 years. Crown prosecutors are expected to ask for a sentence of 25 years before parole eligibility.

The sentencing hearing is scheduled to continue on Tuesday.

With files from Lisa Cordasco and Chad Pawson