The stars hit the red carpet for the 86th annual Academy Awards this Sunday, with Ellen DeGeneres hosting. Coverage of the Oscars start at 4 p.m. PT, and if you're feeling fancy, you can hit the town for an award-winning viewing experience:
- At the Rio Theatre, it's free to watch the awards on the big screen. If you dress up, you can have your photo taken on the Rio's red carpet!
- At Vancity Theatre, you can celebrate the Oscars Rain City-style. A welcome cocktail, hors d'oeuvres, and an Oscar pool are all on the menu. Tickets are $35.
- The Vancouver Orphan Kitty Rescue Association is hosting their 3rd annual Oscar fundraiser at the Morrissey pub. Complimentary Oscar-themed appetizers are included. Tickets are available online for $25, or at the door.
- The Cinema Public House lives up to its name by hosting an Oscar shindig that includes a 3-course dinner. Wine and dine during the awards, and stick around for the DJ set after.
- If you're spending the weekend in Whistler, you can check out Hollywood's big night at the Whistler Film Festival Oscar Party. They'll celebrate the best in cinema at the FireRock Lounge in the Westin Whistler. Tickets are $25.