In the aftermath of the rioting in Vancouver that followed the Canucks' loss in the Stanley Cup final on Wednesday, a police squad car and some plywood boards have become the symbols of the city's remorse, the CBC's Alan Waterman reports.
VIDEO: Vancouverites express post-riot thanks
CBC News Posted: Jun 17, 2011 10:30 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM PT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Kelly Ellard, convicted in Reena Virk killing in 1997, at parole hearing today
- Advice for B.C. cities trying to entice Vancouverites northward: become 'Vancouver Lite'
- Ski season on pause at Seymour and Grouse, but Cypress still open
- 'You are not a bad mother': Husband pens letter to moms with postpartum depression after losing wife
- The Foundation, iconic Vancouver vegetarian restaurant, to close
- Jujhar Khaira's goal another step forward for diversity in hockey
- Bracing for looming lumber war, B.C. town cautiously hopeful
- Cancer fight ends tragically for 7-year-old boy
- Surrey's Jujhar Khaira scores his first NHL goal