In the aftermath of the rioting in Vancouver that followed the Canucks' loss in the Stanley Cup final on Wednesday, a police squad car and some plywood boards have become the symbols of the city's remorse, the CBC's Alan Waterman reports.
VIDEO: Vancouverites express post-riot thanks
CBC News Posted: Jun 17, 2011 10:30 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM PT
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Tragically Hip fans cry foul after presale tickets scooped up in minutes
- Air Canada passenger suffers 'horrible pain' after being stuck in cramped seat
- B.C. Realtor gains internet fame with ad of laser beams shooting from eyes
- B.C. environment minister says climate scientists' letter 'doesn't meet with reality'
- Solid gold, diamond-encrusted eagle statue worth millions stolen in Ladner
- Feds mum on Indian media report of Sikh terrorist camp in B.C.
- Death of Jastinder Athwal found in Lynn Creek deemed suspicious
- Level 3 drought declared for parts of Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands
- Risk of devastating flood in B.C. rising says study