In the aftermath of the rioting in Vancouver that followed the Canucks' loss in the Stanley Cup final on Wednesday, a police squad car and some plywood boards have become the symbols of the city's remorse, the CBC's Alan Waterman reports.
VIDEO: Vancouverites express post-riot thanks
CBC News Posted: Jun 17, 2011 10:30 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM PT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- 'Unbelievable': Dozens swarm dock where sea lion grabbed girl, despite warnings
- NDP lead grows to 13 votes following recount in Courtenay-Comox
- Metro Vancouver warns people not to do the Grouse Grind; people do it anyway
- Family slammed for 'reckless behaviour' after sea lion drags girl into water in Richmond, B.C.
- Sea lion drags girl into water off Steveston dock in Richmond, B.C.
- Coquihalla to remain closed overnight in both directions south of Merritt
- Scammers convince senior he's funding terrorism in elaborate con job
- Bear attack forces closure of Squamish trails
- Final B.C. vote count starts today, stakes high for Liberals, NDP, Greens