In the aftermath of the rioting in Vancouver that followed the Canucks' loss in the Stanley Cup final on Wednesday, a police squad car and some plywood boards have become the symbols of the city's remorse, the CBC's Alan Waterman reports.
VIDEO: Vancouverites express post-riot thanks
CBC News Posted: Jun 17, 2011 10:30 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM PT
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was asked to leave Burnaby, B.C., mosque
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, Ottawa gunman, asked B.C. judge to send him to jail
- Syringe found at McDonald's PlayPlace in Misson, B.C.
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield launches space photo book
- Hammer attack leaves Good Samaritan with skull fracture in Langley, B.C.
- RCMP Const. Gastaldo cleared of misconduct charge stemming from on-duty sex
- Remembrance Day poppy campaign hasn't started, but you can wear the pin now
- Sexual assault in East Vancouver prompts police appeal
- YouTube video captures car crashing into Langley dealership