In the aftermath of the rioting in Vancouver that followed the Canucks' loss in the Stanley Cup final on Wednesday, a police squad car and some plywood boards have become the symbols of the city's remorse, the CBC's Alan Waterman reports.
VIDEO: Vancouverites express post-riot thanks
CBC News Posted: Jun 17, 2011 10:30 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM PT
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- U.K. attacker ID'd as Khalid Masood, British-born man once investigated for 'violent extremism'
- Dennis Oland was wrongly denied bail, Supreme Court of Canada rules
- Montreal mosque criticized after visiting imam calls for Jews to be killed
- Sunwing defends 6-hour break between flights for pilot who returned to duty drunk
- 'He took his last breath in my arms': Retired Kamloops doctor died in hospital waiting room, wife says
- Surrey RCMP investigating fatal collision in Newton area
- Fitness trackers need to step off when it comes to counting steps, entrepreneur says
- Parents of child who died in Vancouver daycare call for massive reform
- B.C. couple wants to sell 1930s pub after buying it on fortune cookie advice
- Federal budget allocates billions for transit and housing in B.C.
- Hope of B.C. coverage for life-saving cystic fibrosis drug dashed
- Haida Gwaii refugee in mourning after brother is killed in targeted attack
- Still no answers as B.C. oyster norovirus outbreak continues