In the aftermath of the rioting in Vancouver that followed the Canucks' loss in the Stanley Cup final on Wednesday, a police squad car and some plywood boards have become the symbols of the city's remorse, the CBC's Alan Waterman reports.
VIDEO: Vancouverites express post-riot thanks
CBC News Posted: Jun 17, 2011 10:30 AM PT Last Updated: Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM PT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Federal Green Party Leader Elizabeth May arrested at anti-pipeline protest
- 'Horrified' scientists watch killer whale infanticide
- Woman claims she wasn't drinking before crash — she was texting
- Colin Martin, B.C. drug boss, pleads guilty to leading helicopter-based smuggling ring
- B.C. introduces stiffer penalties for off-road vehicles in effort to reduce wildfire risk
- Legal weed might lead to growth in illegal pot operations
- Bear-sprayed Good Samaritan incident in North Okanagan reveals mobile drug lab
- Green leader Elizabeth May on Notley, Kinder Morgan and pipeline 'propaganda'
- Canadian Senate passes motion to pressure PM on Kinder Morgan pipeline expansion