Alanna Fero thought she had a good roaming deal for her Telus iPhone that she could use on her trip to Egypt, but but now she's asked to pay a $27,000 bill. Telus says she's mistaken about the plan she signed up for, as the CBC's Lisa Johnson reports.
VIDEO: Telus defends $27,000 roaming bill
CBC News Posted: Mar 03, 2011 9:47 PM PT Last Updated: Mar 03, 2011 9:45 PM PT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Vancouver police issue warning after series of groping incidents on or near seawall
- Pricey real estate fuels Chevron's decision to sell 5 more Vancouver locations
- Pilot lucky to escape after crashing float plane on Comox Lake
- B.C. surpasses worst wildfire season on record — and threat is far from over
- U.S. doctor killed in Vancouver bus crash leaves colleagues with 'sense of tremendous loss'
- 'You're at their mercy': customer says RBC charged him twice for Visa cheque transactions
- B.C. report calls for decriminalization of illicit drugs to quell opioid epidemic
- Castlegar or 'cancelgar'? West Kootenay airport hopes to shed reputation with new study
- 'Hatred and racism have no place in this city': Gregor Robertson condemns far-right rally