You can go to a lot of expense to know what's going on in your own home while you're not there or, for some limited protection at a limited price, you could download an app, as the CBC's Leah Hendry shows us.
VIDEO: See the $40 DIY home security app
CBC News Posted: Apr 07, 2011 8:11 PM PT Last Updated: Apr 07, 2011 9:25 PM PT
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Canadian Forces on guard for 'Big One' earthquake in B.C.
- Magnitude 4.4 earthquake hits off Vancouver Island
- Parents taking unnecessary risks with child car seats, BCAA survey finds
- Gentrification report calls out dozens of DTES businesses
- Trinity Western law school fight heading to Supreme Court of Canada
- 'I'm not dying this way': Kelowna father describes swimming to safety after truck slides into icy lake
- How to survive a catastrophic earthquake in B.C.
- Visit the Langley intersection where little has changed in 130 years
- Province working out details of how you can apply for MSP cut