Vancouver Inaugural Our Cityride festival kicks off with group ridealong
Inclusive bicycle tour runs past some of the city's most iconic landmarks
A new bicycle tour running along some Vancouver's most iconic landmarks kicks off today.
The inaugural Our Cityride festival begins at David Lam Park, featuring live music, a beer garden, a kids zone, and food trucks. The event is capped off by a bicycle tour that runs through parts of downtown Vancouver and into Stanley Park, passing by some of the city's most iconic landmarks.
"It's about bringing communities together in a festive, non-competitive ride atmosphere," said Charmaine Crook, a former Olympic track medalist and event co-founder. "This is really a chance to get people of all ages and abilities to be connected to the community."
Crooks says the full route will take the average person an hour to an hour and twenty minutes to complete.
The festival begins at 3 p.m. at David Lam Park. The bike ride begins at 5 p.m.
Several streets will be closed through the day to accommodate the festival. Below is a complete list:
- Homer St (Pacific to Beach) – 9am – Midnight (Resident access maintained)
- Drake St (Pacific to Marinaside) – 9am – Midnight
- Pacific Blvd (Homer to Drake) – Noon – 9pm
- Pacific Blvd (Hornby to Homer) – 4pm – 7:30pm
- Pacific Blvd (Drake to Davie) – 4pm – 6pm
- Davie Street (Pacific to Marinaside) – 4pm – 6pm
- Marinaside Cres (Davie to Nelson) – 4pm – 6pm
- Pacific Blvd (Nelson to Carrall) – 4pm – 6pm
- Keefer St (Carrall to Quebec) – 4pm – 6pm
- Columbia St (Keefer to Alexander) – 4:30pm – 6:30pm
- Water St (Alexander to W Cordova) – 4:45pm – 6:45pm
- W Cordova westbound (Water to Thurlow) – 4:45pm – 6:45pm
- Thurlow St (W Cordova to W Pender) – 4:45pm – 6:45pm
- W Pender St westbound (Thurlow to W Georgia) – 4:45pm – 6:45pm
- W Georgia St single lane (W Pender to Denman) – 4:45pm to 6:45pm
- Pipeline Rd westbound – 5pm to 7pm
- Stanley Park Dr singe lane (Pipeline to Park Ln) – 5pm to 7pm
- Beach Ave (Park to Denman) – 5pm to 7pm
- Beach Ave eastbound single lane (Denman to Broughton) – 5pm to 7pm
- Beach Ave (Broughton to Granville) – 5pm to 7pm
With files from CBC's The Early Edition