Top 5 weekend events from CBC Radio One's 'On the Coast'
Surrey International Children's Festival
Interact with dinosaurs! Music! Dancing! Magic! There's something for everyone, parents and kids alike, at this year's Surrey International Children's Festival.
- Surrey International Children's Festival
- Runs May 22-24
- Surrey Arts Centre & Bear Creek Park (13750 88 Avenue, Surrey)
Echoes of the Komagata Maru (exhibition)
Commemorate the auspicious centennial anniversary of one of Canada's most dubious moments by learning more about the Komagata Maru at the Surrey Museum. The exhibition features interviews with direct descendants of Komagata Maru passengers living in Surrey, first-hand accounts of the ship's arrival, and commentary from Surrey youth.
- Echoes of the Komagata Maru
- Runs until July 2
- The Surrey Museum (17710 56A Avenue, Surrey)
Pink Mountaintops live
Steven McBean's fuzz-gaze-psych-rock project Pink Mountaintops celebrates the release of their new record Get Back with a show at the Fox Cabaret in Vancouver.
- Steve McBean's Pink Mountaintops
- May 23
- The Fox Theatre (2321 Main Street, Vancouver)
Vancouver Pinoy Spring Festival
Metro Vancouver's Filipino community celebrates the coming of spring with a good old-fashioned sing off, dancing, culture and so much more.
- Vancouver Pinoy Spring Festival
- May 25
- Pacific National Exhibition at The Forum (2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver)
South Hill Festival
The 12th annual South Hill Festival celebrates the South Hill neighbourhood in East Vancouver with exhibits, music, entertainment, food and more.
- South Hill Festival
- May 24 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. PT
- 47th Avenue and Fraser Street, Vancouver