As Vancouver gears up for tonight's New Kids On The Block, Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees show, CBC Radio's Lisa Christiansen looks at why boy bands remain relevant.
- Every generation has its own boy band. Why remember 1990 as the year you started paying GST, when you could remember it as the year Step by Step took off?
- What else would tweens stick on their binders and lockers or tweet about?
- Morgan Spurlock, director of Supersize Me, is making a documentary on English boy band One Direction.
- Boy bands launched the careers of Mark Wahlberg, Ricky Martin, and Robbie Williams.
- Just because you can't play an instrument or write music, doesn't mean you can't have a musical career.
You can follow Lisa Christiansen on Twitter @LisachristCBC