Teen boys admit to murder of Victoria girl
A 16-year-old and an 18-year-old, who was 17 at the time of the slaying, admitted in court Wednesday they planned and executed the attack on Proctor.
In an agreed statement of facts, the boys admitted they had exchanged flirtatious emails with Proctor in the year before her murder.
She dated one of the boys briefly during the winter of 2009, but there had been no email contact with her after November of that year.
The court was told that the day before Proctor went missing, the 16-year-old boy emailed her saying he wanted to meet to apologize and explain why he and the other boy "were so mean to her lately." They agreed to meet the next morning.
The 16-year-old then sent email messages to his accomplice, outlining their plan to lure Proctor to his house the next day, March 18, where they would sexually assault her, kill her, then burn and dispose of her body.
They admitted in their statement that they then carried out the plan.
The following morning, the two said they put Proctor's body and a can of fuel into large duffle bag and took a public transit bus to a spot along the Galloping Goose trail in Colwood, where Proctor's burned remains were discovered later that night.
The two teens pleaded guilty to first-degree murder, sexual assault, forcible confinement and offering an indignity to human remains.
The Crown prosecutor in the case said he would seek adult sentences for the crimes.
With files from the CBC's Lisa Cordasco