Whale spooks couple fishing in B.C.
Posted: Jul 20, 2012 8:29 PM PT
Last Updated: Jul 20, 2012 8:11 PM PT
A Vancouver Island couple had the fright of their lives when a grey whale started frolicking in the water underneath their small powerboat.
The pair were fishing recently in waters near Ucluelet on the island’s west coast when suddenly they had a very large visitor who could easily have tipped over their boat — and at one point nearly did.
And they caught it all on video.
Kendall Hanson has the story.
Latest British Columbia News Headlines
- B.C. girl killed after 11-year-old crashes jeep
- A 12-year-old girl was killed after a jeep driven by an 11-year-old girl flipped over on a forestry road in northern B.C. on Friday. more »
- Illegal tree cutting nets charges for arborist, homeowners
- Two home owners and an arborist in North Vancouver have been charged with illegally cutting down trees in a North Vancouver park to improve their views. more »
- Emmanuel Arceneaux happy to be back with B.C. Lions
- The B.C. Lions announced Tuesday that Emmanuel Arceneaux has reached an agreement to return to the team after spending time on NFL rosters. more »
- Goh Ballet could be without venue for Nutcracker production
- Vancouver's Goh Ballet Academy could be looking for a new stage for its production of the Nutcracker this Christmas. more »
Top News Headlines
- Oklahoma tornado death count not firm, governor says
- The number of deaths caused by the Oklahoma tornado may yet rise, Gov. Mary Fallin indicates, saying there have been 237 injuries reported in the aftermath of the storm 16 kilometres south of Oklahoma City. more »
- Children driven around too much, Canadian report suggests
- Fewer Canadian kids are commuting by walking or biking as a new report reveals a marked decline among young people using active modes of transportation. more »
- Senate set to debate expense audits amid greater scrutiny
- The Senate will debate its own committee's reports into living expenses claimed by three senators Tuesday night in a session that could see Senator Mike Duffy's claims sent back for a second audit. more »
- Keith Boag: Have you heard about the murderous abortion doctor?
- The gruesome trial and murder conviction of Philadelphia abortion provider Dr. Kermit Gosnell is unlikely to change American abortion law, Keith Boag writes. But it has U.S. journalists questioning their priorities and how they cover such a sensitive issue. more »
- Canadian on EI shut out amid foreign worker influx
- B.C. man feared kidnapped in Mexico
- Drug users sue Abbotsford over anti-harm reduction bylaw
- Motorcyclist dead after head-on crash on Lions Gate Bridge
- Traffic circle accidents worry Kitsilano residents
- Vancouver man attacked, killed in Costa Rica
- B.C. co-op fights federal 'local' food guideline changes
- Nanaimo Facebook group takes aim at thieves
- Vancouver link to Hadfield's space guitar