Residents allowed home after gas leak, fire in Mission
Residents of about 20 homes in Mission, B.C., have been allowed to return after a gas leak and fire forced their evacuation.
The residents were ordered from their homes after a downed B.C. Hydro line fell on a stop sign Tuesday morning.
The electrical current ruptured the eight-inch gas line, which sparked a fire.
Residents were given just 10 minutes to leave their homes because of the extreme hazard.
Special equipment was brought in from Coquitlam to help shut down the gas, and residents were allowed back home overnight.