Whale wars: humpbacks take on orcas
Air Date: Aug 11, 2016 9:00 PM PT
A new study in the Marine Mammal Science Journal says that humpback whales will step in to defend other species from attacks by killer whales — but the reasons might surprise you.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Trudeau government moves to mend fences with India over Sikh tensions
- Gerald Stanley murder trial was 'not the right case' for cameras in the courtroom: judge
- The burgeoning field of 'family economics' reveals hidden household strife: Don Pittis
- Governments of the past have been able to provide proper veteran care. So what's changed?
- 'We've got a problem here': B.C. civil liberties group concerned doctor fingerprinted to prove his identity
- B.C. mother whose 2 sons overdosed urges doctors to check prescription history
- B.C. man gets 'once-in-a-lifetime' job managing world's largest telescope in Chile
- Body of missing Alberta skier found near Revelstoke, B.C.
- Kamloops searchers looking for 19-year-old last seen at Sun Peaks party
- Vancouver artist's cartoon of Florida school shooting resonates
- Vancouver housing rally precedes provincial budget
- It turns out the physics of curling is really, really complicated
- Greyhound bus flips over on Highway 97 south of Prince George