Vancouver's foreign buyer tax - is it doing what it's supposed to do?
Air Date: Aug 18, 2016 9:00 PM PT
Despite a number of problems, realtors say the market has slowed down since the foreign buyers tax was introduced on August 2 — and that could be a good thing.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Chester the false killer whale has died, Vancouver Aquarium says
- Train derails near Hells Gate, B.C.
- Cat named after Notorious B.I.G. shot multiple times — and survives
- No frenzy here: Black Friday a chill event in Metro Vancouver
- Hammy, B.C.'s most famous deer, no longer has his hammock — but his antler is still purple
- Neighbours of temporary shelter finding needles, human feces on nearby playground
- Canine companions and 'mental toughness' helped dog walker survive wilderness ordeal
- Highway 1 between Chilliwack and Hope to remain closed overnight after series of mudslides
- Vancouver unveils new housing strategy for the next decade