UBC sociologist calls new first-time homebuyers loan program "problematic"
Air Date: Dec 18, 2016 9:00 PM PT
UBC sociologist says buying a detached single family home may not be the way of the future.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Dad, 2 young kids pulled off Air Canada plane after mother turned away at gate
- If we're OK with government meddling in housing, what else is fair game?
- Michael Chong urges rivals to 'get serious' as Conservatives gather for final leadership debate
- It's Trudeau's move after Trump goes from tough talk to action with lumber duties: Chris Hall
- Sasha 'Pit Bull' Lakovic dead at age 45
- Pope urges powerful to put people ahead of products in surprise TED Talk
- Crash victim's court award for surrogacy fees believed to be a 1st in Canada
- Sexual offender wanted Canada-wide after leaving B.C. halfway house
- Small B.C. town turns fashion faux-pas into unexpected retail hit
- B.C. New Democrats make polling gains on eve of crucial debate
- Young man in hospital after stabbing on Commercial Drive
- Who are the 371 candidates running in the B.C. election?
- Family-owned mills prepare for hefty softwood lumber bills