UBC sociologist calls new first-time homebuyers loan program "problematic"
Air Date: Dec 18, 2016 9:00 PM PT
UBC sociologist says buying a detached single family home may not be the way of the future.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Thousands of Atlantic salmon escape fish farm near Victoria after nets damaged
- Petition calls on Vancouver to rip out Burrard Bridge bike lanes
- Vancouver Island slow pitch leagues adopt helmet rule after tragedy
- Road rage victim granted $819K after baseball bat beating, but claims attacker hiding money
- Teammates hold vigil for critically injured Vancouver Island softball player
- 'Oddest thing I've ever seen': Jelly creature befuddles Kelowna beachgoers
- New system aims to clear ice and snow from cables of Alex Fraser Bridge
- Hundreds of firefighters battling largest wildfire ever recorded in B.C.
- ICBC says wildfire claims have cost $500,000 to date