The Dugout in Vancouver's Eastside celebrates 50 years
Air Date: Dec 06, 2017 9:00 PM PT
The Dugout on Powell Street in the Downtown Eastside is celebrating its 50th anniversary. The centre has been the hub for many who need a place to go. It's open seven days a week, serving up hot soup and coffee.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Woman connected to bawdy-houses fights to stay in Canada
- Doubling tarmac time limit among changes denounced by airline passenger rights advocates
- Western U.S. states disregard Trump to form united front with B.C. in fight against climate change
- Protesters arrested at Trans Mountain pipeline protest in Burnaby, B.C.
- Culture shift needed to reduce speeding deaths in B.C., says planner
- Culture at the Centre: unprecedented exhibit comes to Museum of Anthropology at UBC
- Wanted: Dwarfs and goblins for Hogwarts summer school
- Mayors' Council announces historic $7 billion transportation deal
- Whistler woman who called police to report slow driver handed nearly $500 in fines