Parents react to $50 million education announcement
Air Date: Jan 08, 2017 9:00 PM PT
Two B.C. parents say the $50 million the provincial government has earmarked for a teachers as a result of a Supreme Court ruling won't be enough to address serious funding shortfalls in the education system.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
- 'People live in arenas in Canada': Olympian who says ammonia ended coaching career calls for more checks
- 'You can never go back, that was a golden era': Eric Metcalfe exhibition blends art with jazz
- Discredited vaccine paper from UBC researchers highlights issue in retraction process, experts say
- 'I've cleaned up here, there and everywhere,' says B.C. senior famous for picking up trash
Top News Headlines
- A Finance Minister under siege: what's next for Bill Morneau?
- So, which Canadian cities actually applied to be Amazon's next HQ?
- No negligence but 'failure of procedure' after metal plate left inside Montreal surgery patient
- Trudeau reluctant to reveal too much on Quebec's face-covering law: Aaron Wherry
- 'If I wanted to live in Hollywood I would have moved there': B.C. movie shoots disrupt civic life
- Olympian who says coaching career ended with ammonia leak calls for more inspections
- 'We should be in alignment': B.C. looks to shift date for Family Day
- B.C. woman plagued by bedbugs on airplane not surprising, says expert
- 'It is blinding toxic': Expert sounds alarm on ammonia at public rinks
- B.C. senior picks up garbage for fun, wins award
- New Westminster's Army & Navy reopens as department stores struggle
- Live-in buyers offered Victoria condos at discount prices
- Interior B.C. needs better air quality monitoring during wildfires: Kamloops doctors