Education Minister Mike Bernier calls earthquake a 'wake-up call'
Air Date: Dec 30, 2015 9:00 PM PT
Tuesday night's 4.8 magnitude earthquake is a "wake-up call," and B.C. needs to get a move on upgrading the 128 schools that are still at high risk of structural collapse in the event of an earthquake, says education minister.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Christmas cards from across Canada lift spirits of Winnipeg boy with fatal disease
- U.S. health agency's reported word ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender' alarms experts
- Family of billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman slams rumours circulating ahead of autopsy results
- David St-Jacques ready for 'ultimate trek' into space
- Check out these 3 local cookbooks for the foodie on your Christmas list
- Last Christmas for a legendary Victoria holiday display
- B.C.-based water bombers protecting California homes
- Animated short film tells story of Indigenous youth combating colonial influence
- B.C. woman plagued by bedbugs on airplane not surprising, says expert
- Protesters say new border law is 'draconian'
- B.C. government to go ahead with Site C hydroelectric dam project
- 'It's a bleak situation': B.C. firefighters watch ominous southern California flames
- 'I have no country': After more than 60 years in Canada, B.C. woman discovers she doesn't have citizenship