Education Minister Mike Bernier calls earthquake a 'wake-up call'
Air Date: Dec 30, 2015 9:00 PM PT
Tuesday night's 4.8 magnitude earthquake is a "wake-up call," and B.C. needs to get a move on upgrading the 128 schools that are still at high risk of structural collapse in the event of an earthquake, says education minister.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Mayors' Council announces historic $7 billion transportation deal
- Western U.S. states disregard Trump to form united front with B.C. in fight against climate change
- A lawyer and a used car salesman defend their professions' unpopularity
- Deep Cove, B.C., residents say town has 'lost its magic' because of traffic
- Four months later, 78-year-old veteran reunited with lost medals
- How many chickens is too many? Victoria property will have 100 as of Saturday
- No public notice as B.C. doctor with history of misconduct suspended again
- 4 unprovoked assaults on Vancouver's West Side prompt VPD appeal for help
- Man sets himself on fire at McDonald's in Vancouver, police watchdog investigating