The cbc.ca login and signup tools are temporarily unavailable for and will re-open within 12 hours. We're sorry for the inconvenience. If you’re already signed in, you can continue commenting.
Towns on the clock: what comes after coal for B.C.'s mining towns?
Air Date: Apr 18, 2017 9:00 PM PT
In B.C.'s southeast, towns in the Elk Valley have long relied on coal for jobs and some might say, its very existence. But coal mining is not a business that lasts forever. What comes next for these towns?
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Search suspended for missing mushroom picker
- Chilliwack, B.C., homeless camp residents get trespass notice
- 'I have never locked my doors': north Okanagan community shaken by discovery of human remains
- Bear attacks woman, conservation officer in Mission, B.C.
- Bowen Island business buys boat to house workers
- Human remains found at rural Salmon Arm property as multiple searches continue
- New immigrant to Victoria, B.C., dies from injuries after being struck by SUV
- 'If I wanted to live in Hollywood I would have moved there': B.C. movie shoots disrupt civic life
- Surrey RCMP investigating after 2 people shot