How to survive small-city politics: advice from a former Nelson councillor
Air Date: Apr 11, 2016 9:00 PM PT
Nelson is only a city of about 10,000 people, but being in government wasn't always easy, says former city councillor Donna Macdonald. The range of the joy and the sorrow of the job inspired the "tongue-in-cheek" title of her memoir, Surviving City Hall.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Canada's top court backs order for Google to remove firm's website from global searches
- Teacher deserves lengthy jail term for sexual exploitation of student: Crown
- Family and friends beg for help finding missing Squamish teenager
- B.C. man not guilty of manslaughter in single-punch death
- Fire at Langley used car dealership deemed suspicious
- After 35 years, doctor says palliative care 'one of the most rewarding things I've done'
- Air Canada cleaner fired for stealing nuts wins chance to regain job
- Ryan Reynolds is back in Vancouver for Deadpool 2
- Shooting of man at Burnaby park believed to be targeted