How to survive small-city politics: advice from a former Nelson councillor
Air Date: Apr 11, 2016 9:00 PM PT
Nelson is only a city of about 10,000 people, but being in government wasn't always easy, says former city councillor Donna Macdonald. The range of the joy and the sorrow of the job inspired the "tongue-in-cheek" title of her memoir, Surviving City Hall.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Thousands of Atlantic salmon escape fish farm near Victoria after nets damaged
- Petition calls on Vancouver to rip out Burrard Bridge bike lanes
- Teammates hold vigil for critically injured Vancouver Island softball player
- Road rage victim granted $819K after baseball bat beating, but claims attacker hiding money
- Hundreds of firefighters battling largest wildfire ever recorded in B.C.
- 'Oddest thing I've ever seen': Jelly creature befuddles Kelowna beachgoers
- B.C. government files papers in legal challenge against Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
- Steel arrives for Victoria's much-delayed Johnson Street Bridge replacement
- Thousands of doses of fentanyl and other drugs seized by Surrey RCMP