Radio West Top
Wednesday October 26, 2016
“This little ice rink is adorable, it’s cute, it’s been there for a while and we don’t have anything in our town, basically. … So if we lose the rink, we lose a lot. So it would be a shame.”
Tuesday October 25, 2016
A new UBC study found that extended summers and shortened winters can alter the relationship between great horned owls and the snowshoe hare, leading to extinction.
Monday October 24, 2016
Man pushing for crosswalks says councillor's comments not "of educated backing" and says having the crosswalks shows inclusiveness in North Okanagan city.
Wednesday October 19, 2016
Because of pervasive mistrust of police and the connection Indigenous women often have with their community, a health worker at Splatsin First Nation says mainstream approaches to domestic violence don't always work in Indigenous communities.
Tuesday October 18, 2016
Every day is a field trip for the "nature kindergarten" class at Williams Lake's Marie Sharpe Elementary. Teacher Sylvia Swift says kids are learning independence and respect for nature while still following curriculum.
Monday October 17, 2016
Chic Boutique owner Tracy Lloyd wants to sell clothes from a mobile business in Penticton but says city permit rules stop her from doing so. She wants the city to change the rules, and they will consider her request at a Tuesday council meeting.
Friday October 14, 2016
The mayor of Salmon Arm worries about forest fire service in her area after the province confirmed it will cut housing and food for specialized firefighters. She says the rental market isn't big enough in her town for them and fears the base will close.
Tuesday October 11, 2016
"We should assume that people who disagree with us are well meaning, that they’re not idiots, that they’re not stupid or they’re not evil. They may just be wrong."
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Cyclist leaps into Lake Ontario after car with at least 1 inside plunges from bridge
- Hiding in businesses overnight as YouTube stunt no laughing matter, police caution
- A 'rare occurrence': Why more probes of nursing home deaths aren't necessarily needed
- Escape and resist: An untold history of residential schools in Quebec
- Glenn Greenwald weighs in on WikiLeaks data dump on Clinton
- 'There's a big problem': Two-thirds of Tragically Hip tickets weren't sold directly to fans
- Where you're locked up determines how much time you spend in solitary confinement
- Parents find son's lifeless body after pharmacy switches sleep medication for toxic dose of another drug
- After taking in a disabled Haitian orphan, an Ottawa family makes an excruciating decision
- Her husband's sex assault trial ended with a bizarre twist, so this woman went public
- Make America White Again: Why Donald Trump plays the race card
- Clinton vs. Trump: Follow the race for the White House with CBC's presidential poll tracker