TED Prosthetic Dancer
Air Date: Mar 18, 2014 9:00 PM PT
The day of the Boston Marathon Bombing, a professional ballroom dancer named Adrianne Haslet-Davis lost her leg. A scientist from MIT decided to help. Hugh Herr builds bionic prosthetic limbs that use robotics.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Ammonia leak believed responsible for 3 deaths at Fernie, B.C., arena
- Thousands without power as windstorm batters B.C.
- Woman alleged to have unlawfully injected botox for years under investigation
- UBC researchers pull paper linking vaccine component to autism after data alleged to be manipulated
- Convicted human trafficker sues Canada over non-kosher prison meals
- Karen Magnussen says injury at unsafe rink ended coaching career
- This season's flu shot aimed at those at highest risk of complications
- Hit-and-run victim awarded record $100k in punitive damages in 'exceptional' case
- 'Nothing like this ever happens': small town hockey team promised $7.5M donation