Rising food bank use leads to call for B.C. poverty reduction strategy
Air Date: Nov 14, 2016 9:00 PM PT
A discussion about the role of food banks hosted by CBC Vancouver led to calls to address the root causes of poverty. While advocates called for a concrete poverty strategy, Minister Peter Fassbender said better jobs will do the most good.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Alaska cruise ship passenger says he killed his wife because she laughed at him
- When wildfires emptied the area west of Williams Lake, B.C., they stayed behind
- Western Forest Products shuts operations at Port Alberni, B.C. sawmill
- B.C. man jumps into creek to save dogs, suffers electric shock
- Sri Lankan men accused of human smuggling found not guilty in B.C. Supreme Court
- Police urge caution after cougar picks up dog in Port Moody, B.C.
- Vancouver Island teachers reprimanded for partying with former students
- 'This guy thinks he is a bald eagle': Young hawk defies odds in Sidney, B.C.
- Body found in B.C. Kootenays believed to be that of missing teacher Alvin Dunic