Rising food bank use leads to call for B.C. poverty reduction strategy
Air Date: Nov 14, 2016 9:00 PM PT
A discussion about the role of food banks hosted by CBC Vancouver led to calls to address the root causes of poverty. While advocates called for a concrete poverty strategy, Minister Peter Fassbender said better jobs will do the most good.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- 16-year-old overdose victim thought she was taking MDMA
- B.C. Green Party agrees to support NDP in the legislature
- Could today spell the end of the B.C. Liberals' hold on power?
- Vancouver breaks heat record
- Ministry of Education ignored warnings about South Korean school closure
- PNE lineup 2017: Mother Mother, ZZ Top, Doobie Brothers coming to this summer's fair
- Three accused of murdering B.C. gangster Jonathan Bacon plead not guilty
- 'Most dangerous situation I've ever seen': B.C. hot springs closed over food-habituated bears
- Campground owner places decoy cop car near road in bid to slow speeders