Engineering success: engineers want to help refugees into profession
Air Date: Nov 11, 2015 9:00 PM PT
You know the story about the immigrant doctor driving a cab? It's a common situation, says an immigrant group. An engineers' professional organization wants to avoid that happening with the coming Syrian refugees.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- UBC student blinded by domestic attack graduates law school
- B.C. Liberals fall short of majority following final vote count
- B.C. NDP and Greens working on a governing framework, 'but we don't have that today'
- Uncertainty the word as B.C. political parties wrestle for power
- Vancouver's Canada Place announces lineup for Canada 150 celebration
- Temperatures to 'teeter-totter' across Canada this summer
- Whistler Blackcomb chief operating officer steps down
- Convicted sex offender arrested days after moving to Vancouver
- Court orders condo owners to sell following complaints of abusive behaviour