Engineering success: engineers want to help refugees into profession
Air Date: Nov 11, 2015 9:00 PM PT
You know the story about the immigrant doctor driving a cab? It's a common situation, says an immigrant group. An engineers' professional organization wants to avoid that happening with the coming Syrian refugees.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Vancouver Canucks in a fog for first China practice
- 'Completely outrageous': Couple say they were denied co-op apartment over sex of baby
- IHIT investigating fatal stabbing in Burnaby, B.C.
- Documents show former B.C. government allowed oil execs to refine climate plan language
- IHIT identifies Richmond, B.C., shooting victim
- Forensic isotope analysis points cold case investigation north to Canada
- Body of missing filmmaker Twyla Roscovich found on Vancouver Island
- Wildfire-ravaged Pressy Lake residents ask whether officials did enough to save homes
- 'Gross overreaction': Teen allegedly beaten with bat after ball rolls in front of car