Pyrosomes invade eastern Pacific from California to Alaska
Air Date: Jun 15, 2017 9:00 PM PT
Millions of translucent, sea cucumber-shaped pyrosomes have "invaded" northern waters. Local scientists know little about them and say it's unclear how long the tropical creatures will survive or what impact they might have on the local food chain.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Airplane fart fight proves it's tough to raise a stink in a smelly world
- Green Party pressures B.C. government to specify what 'moderating' housing market means
- 'Shock' and 'heartbreak' after adopted pig ends up on dinner table
- Here's when to shell out money for BC Ferries reservations
- From Haida Gwaii to Wakanda: Indigenous artist gets first major film credit with Black Panther
- From one disappointed Olympian to another: 'You're not just one thing'
- B.C. police watchdog investigating after fatal incident involving Chilliwack RCMP
- 'Stop hunting us, stop killing us': hundreds at Vancouver rally demand justice for Tina Fontaine
- Woman pulls dog out of icy waters in dramatic footage