Pew! Pew! UVic students use lasers to scare geese away from crops
Air Date: Aug 08, 2016 9:00 PM PT
Just like Luke Skywalker used lasers to defeat TIE Fighters, a group of UVic students are using them to defeat geese — sort of. They've constructed a prototype of a laser "scarecrow" to drive the birds away from farmers' fields.
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- 3 dead, including 2 children, after 'major' multi-vehicle crash in Coquitlam, B.C.
- Highway 1 reopens after multi-vehicle crash causes massive traffic jam in Surrey, B.C.
- Flyer campaign targets NDP candidate's transgender identity
- South Korea closes B.C. school: 14 teachers caught in 'bureaucratic nightmare'
- 22 people ordered to evacuate as Kamloops declares state of emergency due to unstable slope
- 5 from B.C. on China's 'most wanted' list of 22 alleged criminals
- Could Elon Musk's L.A. tunnel plan work in Vancouver?
- Steelworkers boss fires back at Christy Clark's 'most corporate government in North America'
- B.C. schools warn of graphic content in Netflix series '13 Reasons Why'