Petition calls for end to 'no pets' policies in rental housing
Air Date: Feb 13, 2017 9:00 PM PT
“The current legislation … discriminates against tenants that have pets in their home and are trying to find affordable housing in this market which is honestly quite dismal when it comes to availability,” activist says.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest British Columbia News
Top News Headlines
- Missing dog walker Annette Poitras found 'alive and well' in Coquitlam, B.C., after massive search
- Hammy, the deer with a purple hammock on his head, is evading conservation officers
- Pit bulls no longer classified as dangerous dogs in Prince George, B.C.
- Indigenous kids largely apprehended because of poverty, says former child protection worker
- Lockdown lifted at Langley high school; RCMP continue search for suspicious man
- Rainstorm forces rescuers to pause search for missing dog walker and 3 dogs
- Victoria housing strategy eases supply shortage
- B.C. union's affordable housing plan proposes taxes targeting speculators
- Whitecaps star questioned by Peruvian police in volleyball player's death