Pearson Dogwood redevelopment discussed at open house
Redevelopment plans for the Pearson Dogwood Lands were discussed Saturday at a public open house event in Marpole.
Vancouver Coastal Health is conducting a planning program to consider the redevelopment of 10 hectares of land along Cambie Street, between 57th and 59th avenues.
The land is owned by the province and houses the George Pearson Centre and Dogwood Lodge.
Plans call for:
- New facilities to replace existing, outdated buildings
- New community and recreational facilities that serve a diverse population, from children to older adults
- New social and supportive housing
- Non-market rental housing
- Market housing
- A new Canada Line station
- Amenities, such as a new YMCA, parks and community gardens
- Office and retail developments
The plan will go before city council in December and construction is not expected to begin until late 2015.