'W' shipping container public art installation to open in New Westminster
140 foot installation is called WOW Westminster
A giant art installation made of four shipping containers shaped into the letter W is set to officially open on Saturday on the banks of the Fraser River in New Westminster, B.C.
It's the largest installation of the 2014-2016 Vancouver Biennale exhibition.
Here are five facts on the installation:
- The 140 foot installation is called WOW Westminster.
- It was made by Brazilian artist José Resende.
- It's made of four 40-foot containers precariously cantilevered to form a W.
- It weighs roughly 34,000 lbs.
- The art installation is an interpretation of the economic activity on the Fraser River.
Watch the video of its installation.